Aug 14, 2023
Today’s guest is Cait Donovan. Cait Donovan is
a Keynote speaker, one of New York City's leading burnout experts,
host of “Fried – The Burnout Podcast,” author of the book "The
Bouncebackability Factor", and an acupuncturist with a master's
degree in Chinese medicine.
This was a great conversation about burnout,
resentment, and boundaries. We discussed:
- Feeling not good enough.
- The biggest component of burnout is feelings
of not being enough.
- What does burnout mean to you?
- Burnout is when the pilot light in the body
goes too low and there is not enough energy to sustain normal
functioning, rejuvenation, etc.
- The feeling of not being enough is part of
burnout, and being too much is also part of it.
- The difference between burnout and stress.
- Stress and burnout are a continuum. Burnout
is the far end of chronic unmitigated stress, while stress is
healthy and good when it is not chronic.
- Resentment is the number one tool for keeping
yourself out of burnout. It is one of the main tools that she
- More on resentment
- If you pay close attention to resentments
objectively, you will notice that each and every zone of your life
where your boundaries are being crossed.
- Boundaries make you more generous and more
- When boundaries are in place, the places that
you enjoy being generous are available to you and you can use
- What does it mean to honor your calendar?
- The importance of honoring appointments and
paying yourself back
- What resentment feels like to Cait
- How to set boundaries when you feel
- When she feels resentful, it is because she
is over giving and feeling like she is doing the same thing.
- When there is a mismatch in a relationship
and resentment is building up, ask yourself a few questions to sort
through what is really going on.
- For some of us and even relationships, we
bounce before sending a boundary because we are afraid of setting a
- How to avoid burnout?
- Finding the balance between bringing
resources in and only releasing the resources that are
- If one does not learn in one area of their
life, they can leave whatever relationship or job they want and
take it with them to another place.
- What is the first step to identifying your
- Identifying resentments is one of the first
steps when people come to work with you, because they are the
Here’s a link to Cait’s mini-course on
Sign up for the Webinar here:
August 21st, 4PM Eastern:
August 29th, 12PM Eastern:
Join the Advocate
with Elegance membership!
Stay Connected with Heather:
To schedule a call with
Heather, click here
To follow Heather on
Instagram, click here
subscribe to Heather’s newsletter, click here
To request a transcript of this episode,
The Elegant Warrior Podcast is presented
solely for educational and entertainment purposes. It is not a
substitute for the advice of a physician, a lawyer, a professional
coach, a therapist or other qualified professionals.